Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back to Spurgeon

I really love to read the works of Charles Spurgeon. I try to read his morning devotional every day. Today's devotional was particularly moving. The verse that it focused on was Mark 14:72.

When the apostle Peter remembered Jesus' prediction that Peter would deny him three times it made him so sad that he wept.

In studying Spurgeon this morning In came across a word I was not familiar with: Bochim

I did an Internet word search on it and came across a new website that I'm really excited about. First of all the word 'Bochim' means 'place of weeping'. And here's a link to the new website I found... http://www.studylight.org/

There are many bible study tools and interesting links, including a Spurgeon Link.

So, back to my topic this morning. Peter denied Jesus twice before the rooster crowed. We deny Jesus any time we sin. That means that I deny Jesus just about every day... That's pretty hard to swallow but I believe that's the truth. And you know, that makes me really want to cry.

I really and truly want to eradicate all trace of sin in my life. But my problem is that I continually slip into the trap of trying to do it under my own power. I must lay it down daily before God and trust Him to get me through.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I bare my soul before You. You know my weaknesses and short comings. You know my sins. Help me, Father. Lead me not into temptation but deliver me from evil. Lift me up build me up. Set my feet upon Your solid ground. Hold me close, Lord.

Lord Jesus, please send Your Holy Spirit down upon me. Help me to walk in the Spirit all day today. Oh Lord season my tongue with speach that brings life. Allow me to greatly impact those around me today. I lift up my camp to you this morning. I pray that this mornings camp will be a life changing event for a young person.

Thank You for Andres and Wesley helping me with the camp this morning. I lift them up to You as well, my King.

Father God, You are a wonderful, awesome God. I love You Lord and I am so sorry for denying You all those times. With the help of your Grace I will sin no more. Lord I pray all these things in the power of your Holy Name: Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: