Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Arms Wide and Heart Abandoned...

This month our family celebrated two great milestones... Connor observed his 16th birthday on July18th and Elijah had his 3rd birthday yesterday (the 28th). It's amazing to watch these two boys growing up. It's also amazing to note how much the world has changed in just three years.

Have I changed very much...? Well, not enough to keep up with the times. Pastor Cere painfully pointed out to me at church on Sunday that I hear lots of good spiritual information on a regular basis but I'm only taking it in intellectually. I've been deceiving myself thinking I'm growing. The fact is that growing intellectually is not growing spiritually. The proof is in the lack of fruit in my life... I'm still suffering with many of the same sins I've had for years. I've been deceived like many others have been deceived...

Well, today I acknowledge these weaknesses and just fall upon the name of the Lord.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, help me change to be a man of deeper convictions and ACTION. -Not just some of the time, but all of the time. Father God, allow me to grow to become a difference maker in this world. Right now I hardly register as a blip on the radar.

I want to raise up Connor and Elijah to love and cherish a close personal relationship with You. How will they see that if I don't model it first...?

Father God I come to You in all humility with arms wide and heart abandoned to You, THE ONE who gave YOUR ALL for me. Lord this morning I give You my all.

Father I live for You.

I love You Lord. My strength is in You. I can do all things in You. Oh praise You, Blessed Savior.

Thank You my King for two fine sons. Thank You for a precious wife. I will honor You by caring for them in the best manner I am am able and give You the glory every step of the way...!

Father by Your Grace these demons who have been waging their attack on my spiritual growth are bound and conquered....! I am Yours, Lord.

Father I rest in You. In Jesus' name I pray.... Amen.

No comments: