Monday, July 28, 2008

Intellectual Workouts at Church

Yesterday was our first day back at church in a long time. During the worship period of the service I went up and received prayer. I feel like a different person today. Praise the Lord...!

Cere presented a good message. It was very convicting, as usual. He's always making us think about changing. But that's the problem. For most, myself included, Sunday sermons are an intellectual workout that seldom produces change. Here I am after a whole year at life church and I'm still struggling with some of the same sins I always have.

But for some reason I do feel different today. I think yesterday was really a 'breakthrough' day for me spiritually. I'll be exploring this topic for the next few blog posts...

Today I just have to give praise for my sweet little boy's Birthday. Today Elijah turns three years old...! Wow..! Three years...! What a blessing...! Oh my precious little Elijah... How we all love him...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Today is truly a happy, blessed occasion. Thank You Lord for times like this. Father God I give You all the credit for everything good in my life. Thank You for delivering me from the bondage of anger and busy-ness. Thank You for my precious family and the occasion of Elijah's 3rd birthday. Thank You Lord for the trials that refine me and draw me closer to You.

Father God I am most definitely not a perfect man. Oh I have many faults. Lord I am very sorry for my sins and I will do everything in my power to make them right. I want to honor You by living a life of purpose dedicated to You, my King.

Father God I can face today because of Your grace and wondrous mercy. Thank You Jesus. Thank You for the healing. Thank You for the courage.

God You are a good and awesome God. I totally give today back to You for Your Glory, in Christ Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: