Sunday, July 27, 2008

Matthew 11:28-30

I love this verse... 'Come to me you who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest.... Take my yoke upon you and learn from me. For I am gentle and humble of heart, and you will find rest for your souls. -For my yoke is easy and my burden is light....'

First of all, it describes me perfectly:
  • I am weary, and heavy-laden.
  • I am not rested.
  • I know I can learn from Jesus.

What does it mean to take his yoke upon us...? Jesus is asking us to put ourselves under the yoke of His Lordship. If we share our burdens with Jesus they are sure to get lighter...

Jesus is gentle and humble of heart... Oh how I want to be like that, too...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord You are Good. You are Mighty and Awesome. I know You have planned great things for me but I have made a mess of my life with busy-ness and procrastination. Oh Lord I am so weary right now. I just keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

But thank You Lord for never giving up on me. You have given me my dear sweet Monica as a help-mate and an encouragement. You have given me Your word daily. I hear great messages on a regular basis from the likes of Dr Charles Stanley. And of course I have guidance from the greatest counselor: Your Holy Spirit.

Father God I keep trying to do things under my own power and it's getting me absolutely no where except farther and farther behind. Lord Jesus, today on this Sabbath Day, this day of rest, I ask You for Your Yoke. Oh I need rest for my soul. Lord let me learn from You. Help me to be gentle and humble.

Lord Jesus I pray these things in Your holy name, Amen...!

No comments: