Friday, July 18, 2008

God's Perfect Love

Wow... Dr Stanley's message this morning perfectly addressed the issue about love I had a few days ago... Remember when I said that I didn't 'hate' anyone but there were definitely a few people whom I didn't 'Love'...? Here's what Dr Stanley has to say about that...

We were created to be members of God’s family and recipients of His perfect love. Through the sacrifice of His Son Jesus, He demonstrated just how much He loves us. When we receive Christ as our Savior, we become His children. We experience His unconditional love. Divine affection for us does not vary in quality or quantity. It’ll never end or even diminish. No circumstance can cause the Lord to stop loving us. ...The human mind can’t fully comprehend divine love. In Christ, thieves, persecutors, and those who may look like outsiders are all equally loved. -Dr Charles Stanley


Hey, I know for sure that I am not perfect. In fact, my past is very colorful and I am honestly quite ashamed for the man that I once was. I was definitely a thief, persecutor, and outsider in my former life. And sadly, I am occasionally those things even today at times. The fact is, I'm 'currently a work in progress'.

Everyone is...

But if I have truly accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior, then I have no choice but to give grace to those whom 'annoy' me, because I was once 'them'.

I think loving with God's love means that You've finally got your eyes open wide and see things (especially yourself) more clearly. -And I think my vision is starting to get better...!

Praise God...!

No comments: