Friday, July 04, 2008

Prayer for Independence

I listen periodically to a christian radio station called KSBJ... It's 89.3 on the FM tuner here in Houston. I overheard a little survey they were doing recently where they were asking listeners:

What are we Declaring Independence from this holiday...?

I thought, Hmmm... That's a good concept. I mean, of course we need to always and forever remember that the Fourth of July is a celebration of the birth of our Nation, a time when our forefathers declared they were independent from the rule of the British Crown. But, that's an excellent idea for us to take a moment to declare our independence from something, at least one thing that is keeping us in bondage.

For me that would be.... Busy-Ness

I've suffered from being too busy for as long as I have blogged and before. Remember the acronym for 'busy'..?

B....Being

U....Under

S....Satan's

Y....Yolk

Today I am definitely declaring independence from 'busy-ness'. -And it's going to stick this time..!

Of course, I'm going to begin by praying about it... Then BELIEVING that God will answer my prayer.... You see, that's my problem. I always HOPE that God will answer my prayer. Sadly, I've been a little weak in the faith department...

In my personal studies I just finished Hebrews and I've just started the book of James. You know, James has much wisdom.... James 4:10 Says for us to humble ourselves in the sight of the Lord and HE will lift us up.

James 4:14 tells us that our lives are like a vapor that appear for a moment and then vanish away... Wow, that verse really motivates me to make my 'moment' here on earth to count for something meaningful. Right now I'm wasting my 'moment' in 'BUSY-NESS'. T

My favorite verses from James Chapter Five, are Verses 15-16 -The prayer of faith will save the sick... The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous an avails much....

BUSY-NESS is a sickness. But praise the Lord: The prayer of Faith will save the sick....!

To be continued...

No comments: