Monday, August 25, 2008

Acts 3: A New Insight

Yesterday at Church the Pastor performed a solo skit of the lame man who was healed by Peter and John at the Gate Beautiful in Acts 3. It was a very moving performance. And at the end of the service several people accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Pastor Greg gave us a dramatized insight into the life of the lame man before and after his healing. The focus was on Love. The love of the lame man's mother, the love of John and Peter, and ultimately the love of God the Father and Jesus the Son.

It was a transforming Love that had the power to heal the lame man both inside and out.

That's what Jesus' Love does. And when we accept Him as our Lord and Savior we are miraculously changed, too.

I remember that life changing event in my own life back when I was 20 years old at a little old First Baptist Church in Bay City Texas. I was healed. -Oh I wasn't lame physically, but I was definitely lame spiritually. But asking Jesus into my heart changed all that.

Unfortunately, for me life's road as a Christian has been rocky. And over the past twenty-two and a half years I really haven't made much impact on the world for Christ.

But honestly, yesterday's sermon really impacted me. I really like the perspective the Pastor showed us and I identify myself greatly with the 'lame man' much more now than I ever did.

Oh this world is so full of distractions, that is the problem. But we Believers must over come them and narrow our focus to the only thing that really matters: And that's telling others about Jesus Christ.

-And not only speaking the Truth verbally, but Living the Truth as a matter of our daily routine.

I definitely don't live the truth out -Especially around my family. - I'm acknowledging that fact and I'm most certainly giving it to God this morning.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord You are such a good, kind, and loving parent. You want only the best for Your children. I ask You this morning, Lord: Help me with my heart. Change me, Lord. I want to be transformed like the lame man at the gate beautiful. I want peace overflowing in my life, Lord. And I want to tell others about and help them find that peace.

Father God I just rest in You today. I am so weak, won't You make me strong...? Father God thank You for Pastor Greg's unusual sermon yesterday.

Thank You for my precious family. Thank you for all my tennis students. Lord, many young people are going back to school today. I lift them up, Lord. I lift up the teachers and all the support staff today too, Lord. I pray that all he Christians in school today will stand up and be a strong witness today and that lives will be forever changed through the power of Your Love.

Lord I especially lift up Connor today. Bless him Father. I pray that he continues to grow in You and that his light would shine brightly.

Father God I lift up my own tennis classes today. Many young people will be trying tennis for the first time and i just pray for a rich time of fun and enjoyment with all the glory going to You, my King.

Lord I pray for my career and work situation at Columbia Lakes. This place is most definitely a spiritual battleground. I lift up the management of the Hotel and the Country Club this morning. I pray for healing and that Your will be done. Father, I pray for my role in all this. How might I be able to witness to others in this sticky situation...? I know I am called to do something or I wouldn't be here in the first place.

I'm waiting on You Lord. I yield to You.

Father God I love You and pray these things humbly in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: