Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thought For Today

In Sunday School our instructor posed this question:

What if the number one thing in our life was to deliver the Lord's message...?

What would our life look like...?

Hmmm.... That question hit me right between the eyes.

Well, I try to infuse sharing my faith with my career every day. But most of the time I fall dreadfully short. And it's something that has been on my heart lately and in my prayers so, I have to take this past Sunday's message on the topic as encouragement to keep on trying.

I want every aspect of my life to be 'God Honoring'. But, most of the time I'm living my life 'in neutral'. I'm not out there robbing banks or committing murder but I'm not exactly honoring God with every aspect of my day, either.

I think the term 'lukewarm Christian' best applies to me.

I've been a Christian for a little over twenty years now and what have I done with my Christianity...? Not Enough. Oh I pray that changes today...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord the fact is that delivering Your message IS my life's priority. Help me to be bold. Help me to step out in faith. Help me to live the example You want me to live.

Father God I am entangled in so much busy-ness that it's difficult to see any difference between my life and the life of a non believer. Help me to prune. Help me to prioritize. And Lord help me to be the witness You have called me to be to my family, friends, and the community around me.

This is THE day Lord. I was made a new creature in You twenty-odd years ago. But TODAY I'm really going to start acting like a new creation...!

I love You Lord, and I thank You and praise You for all the blessings in my life. In Jesus' name I pray,

Amen.

No comments: