Saturday, August 16, 2008

Psalm 29:2 -Giving God the Glory...!

This morning's scripture study verse from the Spurgeon Devotional is::

Give unto the Lord the Glory due His name... (Psalm 29.2)


Spurgeon questioned: What have we that has not come from the Lord...?

The answer: Nothing.

Oh, this is why God is opposed to the proud... (James 4:6)

Pride is something that I really have to work on because there are definitely times when I think too highly of myself. I can easily spot pride in other people, but am slow to acknowledge that it is also an issue with Sam Chadwell.

I think God has been working on that problem with me for a while, now. He's been taking me down a notch or two for some time...

I can't really elaborate more on this topic right now. I'd just like to let the implications of these two scriptures sink in awhile...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I give my pride issue to You. I can think of no better words to describe my sentiment except those from Jude 1:24-25: Lord I give You all Glory, Majesty, Power, and Dominion over my life. You are the only one who can help me and save me. You are the only one who can keep me from stumbling.

Oh Father, I do hope to stand in Your presence one day blameless and full of Joy! But until then, thank You for giving me the revelation of my current condition. Thank You for this moment to recognize the error of my ways and repent. Thank You my Lord and King from whom all good things come...!

I love You Lord. And I give this day to You. Today is all about honoring You Lord and giving You the proper credit and respect You so richly deserve. I am going to honor You by loving others as You have commanded. I am going to honor You by giving my utmost for You.

Father I recognize that I am greatly blessed. I have been given so many Divine Favors that I daily take for granted while others around the world suffer persecution, cold and hunger. Clearly, You have set me apart from most of the rest of the world.

Lord I do thank and praise you. I acknowledge you as ruler of my heart and life. I will rest in You. I will walk in Your ways my King. -In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


No comments: