Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Today's Forcast: Cloudy

This morning I read Hebrews Chapters 11 and 12.

I love how chapter 11 explains what faith is and then goes on to list the roll call of 'faith heroes' recorded throughout biblical time. Then chapter 12 starts off by labeling these Heroes 'a great cloud of witnesses'.

You know, God knows and sees everything we do and think. But there is also a 'great cloud of witnesses' up there keeping an eye on us, too. These witnesses are those who have 'been there and done that...'

We can learn so much by examining the lives of the faithful who have gone before us. Did any of them have doubt at times in their lives...? -Sure. -Absolutely.

But the bible records how they all finished the race strong.

And so must I.

My problem is that I keep operating under my own power. Why am I such a stubborn man...? God has given me so many examples to follow.

You know, since I've been married to Monica I've observed her grow into a woman of strong faith. I've observed her prayer life grow and grow. I thank and praise God daily for my wife's encouraging presence in my life...!

Not only can I look at the lives of the great cloud of witnesses for an example I can also look at the life of my precious bride for a constant every day reminder. Oh I am blessed, indeed!

Today's Forecast is cloudy...! Praise God...!

1 comment:

Monica Chadwell said...

Thank you, Honey. That blessed me.