Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some New Habits...

Yesterday I tried something different and I'm going to try it again today. I'm setting the alarm on my phone to go off every hour on the hour. The alarm is a reminder to pray. I'm trying to create an environment where I will begin to 'pray without ceasing'... I want to keep my day in tune with HIM. I want to make sure that I never get too wrapped up in a moment and stray from the ONE who deserves my complete devotion. So every hour on the hour through out my waking day I go through a 'quick checklist' that currently includes:

  • Praise and Worship to the Creator of all Things...
  • Thankfulness for my wife and family and my many other blessings...
  • Intercession for current special interests which I might even write on the palm of my hand as a reminder of...
  • Petition for personal and global needs

This new system worked pretty good for me yesterday. I'm trying it again today. And I'm going to add a scripture memory verse to my routine as well. Today's scripture memory verse will be from Charles Spurgeon's Morning Devotional: Psalm 92:4..... -YOU Lord have made me glad through Thy work, I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands...

I hope to keep a sense of joy in my core being all day. Right now I have to remind myself constantly that I am saved and I should be living in Victory. In that way my cup of living water will overflow into the lives of others around me. THAT is what God desires of His children...!

You know, 'praying without ceasing' is a whole other level of consciousness...!

Oh I fully expect the enemy to challenge my new routine and throw every kind of distraction my way. I am ready. I am clothed in the full armor of God today, ready for battle...!

Today I will especially lift up my precious wife who will be teaching art classes to home schoolers.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord You are most wonderful and holy. You are the Creator of all Good things. You are my Savior and Redeemer. You are my Comfort. You are my Rock. I rest in You, my King.

Father God I truly give this day to You, in Your honor, for Your glory. Help me to firmly establish my new hourly routine of remembrance to worship and communion with You. Lord I do pray that it raises me to a whole new level of consciousness. How can it not...? How can I not be forever changed if I stand in Your holy presence and connect with You on a more frequent basis....?

Oh God I pray that there never be a 'disconnect' from You...!

Lord I lift up my precious family to You. I pray special blessings upon Monica as she officially begins her new teaching career today. Lift her up, Lord. I pray You enable her to speak and teach the truth boldly and that her words greatly impact the young lives of those children in her classes today.

Father God I just dedicate my whole day to You. Please protect me from the enemy's distractions and fiery darts today. Lead me not into temptation, Lord. Bless me, Father. And especially bless my speech as I communicate to my own group of young people today as well.

Help me to be bold and courageous for You Lord. Let me not be ashamed of the Gospel of Truth...

I love You Lord. And I pray these things in Jesus' precious, holy name, AMEN.

No comments: