Thursday, October 09, 2008

Questions and Answers

I awakened this morning with these questions on my mind...


Number one: How will I glorify God today...?


Here are some other questions that have been floating around in my mind lately...

How will I exalt His Glorious Name...? How can I walk in Victory and impact those around me for Christ...? Who am I supposed to impact...? Has God been speaking to me about a particular person or group of people...?

OK... Let's try to answer some of those questions...


Q 1: How will I glorify God today...?

Answer: I will Glorify God by Blogging about HIM.. I will Spend time in His Word. I will Pray. I will engage those around me in meaningful conversations. I will be a good and faithful steward of my time, talent, and other resources.

Q 2: How will I exalt His Glorious Name...?

Answer: I will do my best to Incorporate God into every conversation. I will exalt HIM by deflecting any praise for me towards HIM.

Q3: How can I walk in Victory and impact those around me for Christ?

Answer: I will walk in victory and defeat spiritual assaults by praying out loud and claiming scripture promises. I will pray very specific prayers for very specific results. I will impact those around me through intercessory prayer for them and positive, personal interaction.

Q4: Who am I supposed to impact?

Answer: I am to impact everyone within my sphere of influence.

Q5: Has God been speaking to me about a particular person or group of people...?

Answer: God wants me to improve my relationship with my stepson, Connor. God wants me to impact those in the work place.


Hmmm... I was just reading Dr Charles Stanley's morning devotional and he had this to say:

Most believers think of Christianity as something we do. We pray. We read the Bible. We go to church. We sing hymns. We give money. We do and do—and assume that’s the Christian life. It’s not. Authentic Christianity is about becoming rather than doing. The life of faith that God designed involves receiving Jesus into our hearts and allowing Him to change our habits, mindset, beliefs, interests, and concerns so we become more and more like Him. -Dr Charles Stanley

Well, according Dr Stanley, I might just be too busy focusing on 'being busy'. Maybe I should just chill out and just let God have his way with me...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for another day and another opportunity to live for You. Help me make the most of this awesome day. Lord I just surrender to You my pride and my will this morning. Nothing is about me, Lord. It's all about You Jesus. I love You for giving me life and blessing me so abundantly. I live to serve You. I live to glorify You, my King. I love You, and in Jesus' name, Amen,

No comments: