Thursday, November 13, 2008

Prayer for our Country...Prayer for Barack Obama and his family

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord my life seems to be a whirlwind of that which would distract me from You. Help me to keep my focus, Lord. Let my day be about honoring You in all my thoughts, words, and deeds.

My Precious Holy Savior, I lift up President Elect Obama and his family today. Lord I pray for Christian influence in his life and the lives of his wife, family and administration. Father God I recognize that there will be many people from President Bush's administration that may become unemployed as a result of the transition. I lift them and their families up to you also, my King.

Lord there are so many issues at stake in the new administration. One such issue is abortion. Father God I know that it is NOT Your will for abortion to be funded and endorsed as a woman's 'basic right' by our government. I don't believe it is the will of the majority of Americans. Lord I pray for intervention in this area.

Father God only You have the right to give life and take it away. Lord I pray that some way, some how the lives of precious, innocent, unborn babies are protected...!

Lord I ask for mercy on America. Forgive us our sins. I pray for repentance, Lord. I pray for the healing of the morality of America.

Father God I love You and I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: