Thursday, November 06, 2008

Words of Encouragement

Today Dr Tackett's blog was one of great encouragement. The tact he is presenting is one I had already come to adopt as my own before I read his article. Here is what he said:

We should live no differently today than we should have been living before: with hope, with joy, with peace; walking blamelessly before God and before men; being light and salt in the world; working as unto the Lord; etc. Now is the time for the attractively, winsome body of Christ to show What we are made of and in Whom we trust…for we do not trust in horses or chariots, but in the name of the Lord our God.

-Dr Del Tackett, Truth Observed

If you'd like to read his complete article, CLICK HERE.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord as always I stand in the gap for America this morning.

Father God today I lift up President -Elect Barrack Obama and his administration to You. Lord.

Lord I lift up America to You. It's You whom I trust in. It's You whom I ultimately submit to. It's You whom I fear, honor, respect, and love with all my heart, mind, and soul.

Lord You can do anything. I submit to You Lord. You are in control. I am Your servant.

I pray blessings on my dear wife today. She has a big teaching day. I pray that she touches the hearts and minds of dozens of home schooler's today. Lord I lift up Elijah and Connor for good days at school. Bless them to be salt and light to their classmates and teachers.

Lord I lift up myself. You know all my little issues, Father. As always, I pray to be less busy and more in tune with Your Kingdom's work.

Father God I especially lift up my father in law, Arno this morning. I pray for favorable test results from his recent Doctor's visit.

I love You Lord and I humbly surrender myself to Your Will today. Let nothing be about Sam Chadwell today, but let EVERYTHING be about YOU.

I pray these things in Jesus' precious name, AMEN.

1 comment:

Judy Ohlemacher said...

I find your journal today both insightful and positive. That is what I feel too as a Christian, that we must conduct each day in a personal way to reflect the perfect example of Christ as the finest testimony we can give. Now in this time of transition for our nation, we need more than ever to pray for God's influence and guidance for our elected leaders in congress, the senate, and at the executive branch and judicial branch to guide this country in the right direction for the sake of all, not only in America but for all the world.