Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Contemplative...

Yesterday I attended the funeral of my Great Aunt. Aunt Jo was one of the sweetest people I've ever met. I have many fond childhood memories going to Aunt Jo's house and visiting her. As I listened to her grand children recount their childhood memories it brought tears to my eyes.

I never had an opportunity to discuss salvation with Aunt Jo, or her belief in God but when you look back on her life and examine the rich legacy of lives she touched it is obvious by the testimonies of her family that she had the holy spirit dwelling within her.

The Lord blessed Aunt Jo to live for 96 years... Wow...!

I pray that I touch lives the way Aunt Jo did. It is my hope to be remembered as a kind, sweet man just as she was remembered as a kind, sweet woman.

I give thanks to God that my life was influenced by Annie Jo Lankard.

No comments: