Wednesday, December 24, 2008

We're So Smart... But Are We...?

We know so much more than people did 2000 years ago. I mean, look at the advances in medicine and science over the years. We can explain so many things.

Sadly for some, intelligence is a stronghold that inhibits their belief in God. God can't be proved, or 'explained' through science, they say.

Well, my response to that is God can't be disproved by science, either. The fact is there is no irrefutable scientific evidence for the creation of life, the world we live in, the universe, etc...

It was so much easier for people 2000 years ago to believe in God. They didn't have nearly as many distractions as we do today.

I choose to believe the story of Creation in Genesis. I believe the story of Christ's birth in Luke. That pretty much explains everything to me. -And that's much more a believable story than we evolved out of a primordial goo over millions of years and eventually ascended from monkeys.

I'm still hung up on the verse in Luke where it said: 'Mary treasured and pondered these things...' Oh how I wonder what she was pondering...

Too all my unbelieving friends out there: I love You and am praying for you. I don't have scientific evidence to show you proving God's existence. I only have my own changed life as a testimony of the reality of God. I can only point to the lives of many, many believers who have come before me and who gave their lives for what they believed in.

I pray that Your education and intelligence does not continue to be a hindrance to Your Salvation.

Merry Christmas...! -Coach Sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas greeting from Finland!
God bless You and your family!
Regards,
Riitta & family.