Sunday, December 07, 2008

Notice the Date Today? -Lest we Forget...! -Watch, Be Vigilant!

Today is Pearl Harbor Day... The day in our country's history when the reluctant United States was drawn into World War II by Japan's sneak attack on our naval base in Hawaii...

I remembered that 'Pearl Harbor Day' was coming up a few days ago, but lost track of it until this morning... You know, I always get a funny feeling on this day. I think how everyone must have felt in the aftermath of the attack back in 1941:

...shock, horror, panic, confusion... I'm sure there must have been a lot of soul-searching and a lot of praying going on. But oh how the sting of such a horrific event is short lived.

We experienced a similar experience in New York on Sept 11, 2001, but isn't the acute awareness of that sneak attack a faded memory as well....?

Yet, the fact of the matter is that right this very moment at any time we could face an event more catastrophic than we can even imagine. The reality is that this world we live in is broken and the days are evil. We can not afford to go about our daily business pursuing the things of the world ignorant and oblivious to the signs of the times we live in.

December 7th 1941 was a milestone in our history. Sept 11, 2001 was another milestone. Since we don't know when the next milestone will be shouldn't we start living our lives differently immediately...?

Tell someone today that You love them. Tell someone about Jesus Christ. Sew seeds of life into this world's soil. Don't be indifferent to the whole process... Let's not wait for another painful reminder to focus our attention...!

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray today for our valiant servicemen and women who put themselves in harm's way every day. I remember those who have bravely fallen. I also lift up the innocent victims and their loved ones who nave been affected by senseless worldly tragedies. Lord You said there will always be wars and rumors of wars. But what are to do about that? -We are to remain vigilant...!

Father God let us not slip into a complacency in our lives where we forget our history. I pray for increased awareness of world events around us and a deeper understanding our responsibility to be a light shining witness to those within our sphere of influence.

Lord we live in a world where our lives could be demanded of us at any moment. Help us to live each day like it is our last day. Help us to love each other and live meaningful lives that glorify You.

Lord I present my family to You today. I would die for them, Lord. YOU ALREADY DIED for them...! Praise You, my King...! Bless my family, keep them safe from harm. I pray they would grow into a deeper understanding of a close, personal relationship with You, Jesus.

Father God I lift up my country and it's leaders to You. God Please Bless America. I pray for a spirit of repentance to descend upon this land. Forgive us and help us to stop murdering innocent babies through the horror of abortion. Help us to stop pursuing wealth and the things of this world.

Lord Jesus, I love You.

I stand in the gap for my family, friends, and this country today. Thank You God for being a great big God who can do all things. I rest in You, my King. Come what may, Your grace is sufficient.

Lord I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen...

No comments: