Friday, December 05, 2008

Taking Care of My Body

I was reading Oswald Chambers' Devotional this morning and this portion of the text jumped out at me this morning...

I beseech you," says Paul, "present your bodies a living sacrifice." The point to decide is this - "Do I agree with my Lord and Master that my body shall be His temple?' If so, then for me the whole of the law for the body is summed up in this revelation, that my body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. -Oswald Chambers.



The fact is, I am ashamed at the condition of the Temple I am offering to the Lord right now... But he has recently provided a new venue for me to work at and I have easy access to workout equipment. The workout room is literally right outside my office door...! I can now exercise every day just by coming to work a little early or staying a little late

With God's help I will do just that. I've got to fix up this temple...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I thank You for another Friday. Father God You have blessed me so abundantly. Thank You for all these great blessings. Lord help me to make the most of these blessings and to honor You Lord in all that I do.

Lord I have a great opportunity to impact a group of home schoolers today. Thank You for entrusting these young people to me. I pray that you would season my words to impact them greatly.

I pray blessings on my family this morning. Lord I lift up this country and it's leaders today as well. Father God I especially lift up President Elect Obama and his administration to You.

Father God I love You. I want to honor You in every way in every thing I do. Lord I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: