Sunday, December 21, 2008

Strength for the Day

Today has the potential to be a challenging day. First of all, it's Sunday. But second of all, I am planning to go to the visitation of a funeral for my Great Aunt Jo. I sincerely hope that goes well. I really struggle at funerals....

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I thank You for another day of life. Oh how precious life is. I think few people really appreciate the frailty of life. We are reminded of it when someone we know passes from this life into the next. I is a bitter pill to swallow when it's someone we know and love who passes away. This has happened to me. I loved Aunt Jo. And although I am sad for the loss of her I am happy because I know she is in heaven right now singing with the Angels.

Father God I lift up Aunt Jo's family and friends in prayer today. Lord I pray for the right words that I may be some comfort to Connie, Mozelle, and Mimi...

Lord I lift up my own family as each Sunday we face our own unique set of challenges as a family unit. I pray for Connor's day especially. I pray that this morning's message at church particularly blesses him.

Lord I pray for Brother Barclay, Cere, and Paster Greg as they are all no doubt preparing to deliver their morning messages. Bless their messages to change hearts today, Lord.

Oh Lord I pray that You just continue Your work in me. Bless me with patience, Lord. Let my lips only speak words of life today. Let them only be used for building up and edifying others.

Dear Lord bless my precious wife, Monica. No one deserves a peaceful day more than my sweet bride. And as always, I lift up my sweet boy Elijah. I pray he has a great day as well. This is such a precious time for Him, Christmas time... I pray this is a Christmas of fond memories for him.

Father God, you know what my sister Becky is going through. Just lift her up above her circumstances and deliver her to safety, Lord.

I love You My King. I am ready for the day. I have my spiritual battle armor on and am ready to stand firm against the forces that would do my family and I harm. Father the battle has to come through me and I am strong in You. You are my Mighty Fortress and Strong Tower.

I pray these things in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: