Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dr Charles Stanley

One of my favorite bible teachers is Dr Charles Stanley. He explains the bible and uses illustrations that are the most concise and easy to understand that I have ever heard.

He has come up with 30 Life Principles to live by as outlined in the bible.

For the last few days Life Principle #2 has been speaking to me: Obey God and Leave all the Consequences to Him.

Here is a good article by Dr Stanley about Obedience I love this excerpt from Dr Stanley's six point message on this topic:



At some point in life, we must make a deliberate decision to obey God in every circumstance, no matter how difficult it may seem to us at the time. Many people would rather look at all the options, then decide whether obedience to God is convenient. The truth is that partial obedience is disobedience. We need to pray and find out just what He wants us to do in a difficult situation, but we should have our hearts set on the commitment that whatever God desires, we will do it without question.

-Dr Charles Stanley


Partial obedience is disobedience. That sums it up right there...! The Word of God makes it simple and plain for each one of us. We cannot lose by being obedient, and we cannot win by being disobedient.

Dear Heavenly Father, Lord I want to honor You. I want to be obedient to your Word. Thank You for the discernment to filter out situations that are not honoring to You. Help me to deal with these situations in love and be Your voice and Your witness to those within my sphere of influence.

Lord I love You. I am seeking You, my King. I want to be involved in endeavors that are one hundred percent worthy of Your endorsement and blessing. Father God I will trust in You.

As for me and my house, We will serve You, my King. Thank You for Your blessings, Lord. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: