Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm Not Waiting for the National Day of Prayer...

I Timothy 2:1-4 says: I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

This is one of my favorite verses. I have this verse on my website. It reminds me of my life's mission: To help people get saved.

The Apostle Paul said that we need to pray for everyone, especially kings and those in authority. God wants every man to be saved.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 says to pray without ceasing. We need to be praying at all times.

Ephesians 6:18 says ...With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints.

Ephesians 6:18 exhorts us to pray at all times. It reminds us to pray with perseverance. What is perseverance...? Perseverance means that we are going to have to overcome some obstacles in our prayer life. The Enemy is going to try to distract and discourage us. This verse also reminds us to pray for other believers (saints).

Friends, how's your prayer life...? Mine is inconsistent. And I notice that the times I struggle spiritually are the times when I'm not prayed up. But time is of the essence. Our country, our world is in BIG trouble. We've got to pray... We've got to pray... We've got to pray....

2 Chronicles 2:17 says: ...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear [their prayer] from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their country.

Are You 'God's People'...? If You have accepted Him as Your Lord and Savior, You are...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I stand in the Gap for many things this morning. I lift up America and it's leaders to you. I pray for their hearts and their salvation. Lord I pray for my family. I lift up my partner in Life, Monica. Thank You for the blessing of her friendship and love. Lord I lift up Connor and Elijah to You. I pray that You would empower me to train them up in the way You would have them go.

Lord thank You for my sister who is suffering in New York. Heal her pain, my King. I selfishly ask that You guide her home to Texas, but Lord I pray also for her family that they might experience something that will turn their hearts and minds to you.

Father God, I thank You for the blessing of many tennis students. I pray that I am able to make a difference in each of their lives. Lord You have blessed me so abundantly. Help me to be a good steward of these blessings. Lord I want to be obedient to You and Your Will.

I love You, Lord. I exhalt You, Jesus...! And in Your precious name I pray, Amen.




No comments: