Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Proverbs 1:7... Lean Not on Your Own Understanding

Has anyone ever told you to follow your heart...? Have You ever let your feelings dictate the decisions you make...? Probably so. I know I have.

Jeremiah 17:9 says the heart is deceitful above all things and can not be trusted... I know this sounds unromantic, but when we 'follow our heart apart from consulting God, that's leaning on our own understanding. We must include God in the equation.

Proverbs 16:25 says that there is a way that seems right to a man, but it's path ends in destruction. -That's leaning on our own understanding.

Take a look at America. When our country was born we followed God. America was founded by Christians on the bible and Christian principles. Now the majority of Americans have pretty much kicked God out of America. And God is sitting back now saying, ok guys: Just try to get along without me....

I can't say for sure what is going to happen. America is not mentioned in end times prophecy. All I know is that as for me and my house:

We will serve the Lord...!

Let's face it, probably everyone has made a decision they later regretted. For me, the times in my life and the decisions I most regret are those where I leaned on my own understanding.

So take it from a person who's made many mistakes:

A life in Christ is the only way...!

-If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sins and heal their land...

2 Chronicles 7:14



Dear Heavenly Father,

Thanks for planting Proverbs 1:7 and the associated scriptures on my heart this morning. Lord I do trust You. Now please help me to not lean on my own understanding or the wisdom of other men. Help me to seek You first, and Your righteousness.

I love You Lord. Your Word is True and every man is a liar...!

Father God, I give this day to You. I ask blessings on my family and I. Guard us, protect us, lift us up. Heal us, oh Lord. Make our paths true and straight.

In Jesus' name I pray, AMEN.

1 comment:

Anders Branderud said...

Comment on Proverbs:

Mishlei Shlomoh is full with wisdom from the Creator. Mishlei Shlomoh (de-judaized to Proverbs) 1:28-29 teaches that those who does not choose יִרְאַת ha-Sheim (the Creator), will not find Him.

Looking in a concordance of the world yira, when it is in the context of ha-Sheim, one finds that non-selective Torah-observance to ones utmost is required.

This is also in accordance with what the historical first century Ribi Yehoshua ha-Mashiakh from Nazareth taught to his followers. His teachings are found in www.netzarim.co.il