Thursday, April 02, 2009

Standing Strong on the Word

Today is a good day to just stand strong on the Word. God makes so many promises throughout the bible. But one of my favorites is Jeremiah 29:11.

For I know the plans I have for You declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and give you hope and a future...

Ahh... that is such a comfort. I'd like to explore that verse in depth a bit more in the future, especially the verses before and after it to give it more context.

But for now I rest in the knowledge that I am a child of God. The Lord knows my future and He's in control.

Thank You, God...!

Today I lift up my father in law, Arno, who is going in to the hospital to have exploratory heart surgery this weekend. Please join me in lifting him up to the Lord. Pray for his peace of mind and also for his sweet wife, Judy.

1 comment:

Judy Ohlemacher said...

Thank you Sam. And thank all those who have been praying for him. As Monica may have told you there is a new complication unrelated to the heart problem...Belle's palsy. But Arno's spirits remain amazingly calm, undoubtedly due to the abundance of prayer for him.