Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A Good Verse For the Times We Live in: Proverbs 3:25-26

Does anyone feel the same way as I do, that the world is moving way too fast to keep up with...? Changes are coming to our way of life left and right. What was once 'wrong' is now considered 'right', and vice -versa. There is more fear, worry, and anxiety in the world today than ever before...

A young person of high school age came to me yesterday and asked me if I had heard that North Korea has missiles pointed at America...? Honestly, I had not heard that, but it doesn't surprize me in the least. I told him that when I was in high school 25 years ago the big scare was Russian missles pointed at us. America has had missiles pointed at her for as long as missles have been invented...!

I do remember the fear I felt back in the early 1980's, and I empathized with my young friend.

Today's bible verse addresses that kind of fear and discouragement:

Do not be afraid of sudden terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; for the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught. -Proverbs 3:25-26

Wow, what a comforting verse. I also think of it this way. God gave me life. He gave me a precious wife and family whom I love very much. I am prepared to literally lay down my life for my family at a moment's notice. I think most husbands and daddy's would do the same.

Because I have accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior I am part of the 'family of God'. Jesus already laid down His life for me. God the Father in Heaven is now my Heavenly Father. He feels the same way about me as I feel for my wife and child, but he is 'God' and does everything bigger and better than I in my frail, human existence can do. Ahh... God is Good.

Trouble is already here. We are living in times of trouble. Sudden Terrror? When it comes, I'm letting God take care of it...!

No comments: