Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend... FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

This is the start of a special holiday weekend. coming up on Monday we will honor and remember all those who have served in our country's armed forces and especially those who have given their life in the line of duty defending our way of life and freedom.

Defending our way of life... Hmm... What IS 'our way of life' any more, any way? I don't know now.

But FREEDOM has become the right to destroy what once was this great country founded on Christian principles...

I WEEP for America and those fallen heroes this weekend. I recognize that the price paid to purchase and to continue to defend my Freedom is a high one...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord thank You for Heroes who have lived and died defending my rights and liberties. And I thank You for THE HERO, Your Son, Jesus who died for my sins so that I could have eternal life.

Lord, recognizing what Your Son did on Calvary is the heart of what we are celebrating this weekend. America was founded primarily by people seeking freedom to worship You as they pleased.

I am grateful to be an American and to live in America. And I am most definitely grateful for those who have come before me and given their lives defending all that I hold dear.

This weekend I remember those throughout history who have given their life and lift up the families of the fallen.

Father God I love You and pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: