Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Intercession

I hardly slept at all last night. I awakened pretty much every hour on the hour. Every time I woke up I felt the need to pray for a friend or family member who is hurting or under some type of stress or persecution.

Oh it seems the only kind of news we hear of these days is bad news. The Enemy is working overtime. We must draw close to God during this time of persecution. We have to spend time in the Word. We have to have quiet time with God. We must wait on the Lord....!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I stand in the gap for my friends and family this morning. I pray for Divine Spiritual healing on those who are hurting. Lord I recognize that my own 'problems' are few and insignificant compared to what my friends and many in the rest of the world are facing.

I am truly grateful for everything I have. I thank You for my precious wife and lift her up to You. Bless Monica to have a good and productive day. Bless Elijah to be good and allow his mommy to get much accomplished.

Father God, help me to be a comfort to the hurting. You have placed me here at this moment in time and surrounded me with many people in need of encouragement. Lord I pray for the hurting. Give me words of life to impart to them.

I love You Lord. I live to today to honor You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: