Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Prayer for the Week

This week is a very action packed , busy week. I have lots of lessons, hitting sessions, a big meeting on Friday, and I'm preparing for a big tournament on Saturday. I'll be delighted when this week is done, but I do welcome the opportunity to impact many others.

One thing I have been thinking about recently, is that on weeks like this I need to be careful that I don't become so busy that I do not allow much quiet time with God into my schedule.

Although my family needs the financial resources that come from having a busy and productive summer, it is all for nothing if my relationship with my Lord and Savior suffers. God is not going to bless something when he is not part of the equation.

This morning my prayer is also for God to help me keep the main thing the main thing: Help me to keep Jesus number one in my Life...!

Come what may, I am going to spend concentrated time in the WORD every day...!

Here's a link to a good video from Dr Stanley that I watched this morning...

http://ww2.intouch.org/site/c.dhKHIXPKIuE/b.2287431/k.5DC1/Life_Principle_Videos.htm


Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you my Precious Savior for my many abundant blessings. Thank You for my sweet wife. Help me to be a better husband to her. Thank You for Connor and Elijah. Help me to be a better daddy to them.

Lord thank you for the many abundant new tennis students this summer. Help me to impact them and motivate them in a powerful way today. Lord the Enemy would have me too busy to consider these things.

Father God I pray that you will order my steps today. I want to live solely, completely for You my King. From this moment forward my day is being lived for Your glory. Help me to remember that every thing I say, do, and even think is a reflection of my relationship with You.

Thank you for making me an 'adopted son' in the family of God. I love you and praise you, Lord.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: