Monday, August 24, 2009

Another reason to NOT lean on one's own understanding: 1 Cor 1:19

Scripture verse Proverbs 3:5 has been on my mind lately: Trust the Lord with all Your heart and lean not on your own understanding...

This morning's Spurgeon Devotional shed light on a companion verse that further explains WHY we should not lean our own understanding: 1 Corinthians 1:19... For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate...

I've got to quit trying to spend so much time contemplating things out so much. Oh that is difficult to do.

But so many bible verses just encourage us to Trust only in God... Here's a good web link for further reading on that topic: http://www.seekgod.org/bible/delightingod.html

Keep it simple. Just obey God and leave all the consequences to HIM. -That's what Dr Stanley says.

I've got to quit trying to be so 'smart'.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord thank You for speaking to me through the bible this morning. Thank You for just laying the scripture verses on my heart like You do. Thank You for the revelation of Your Word.

You are ALIVE in me, my King. You give me strength and power, Lord. Father God I don;t have to know what's coming around the corner. I just need to trust in YOU

And I do.

I love You Lord. I give today to You. I pray blessings on teachers and students going back to school today. Lord I pray blessings on my own students and classes today.

Father God I lift up my sister to You. Please bless her visit this week. Lord I lift up Arno and Judy to YOU. Bless them, Lord. Bless their health. Bless their walk with You, my King.

Lord I pray special blessings on my schedule and all my deadlines. Help me stay on time and on target.

Father God You get the thanks and honor and Glory for every good thing in my life. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: