Tuesday, September 15, 2009

John 14:27 Let not Your heart be troubled

My scripture today comes from Charles Spurgeon's morning devotional. One of the Key verses in Spurgeon's lesson this morning is: John 14:27. Oh that verse means much to me this morning.

Dear Friends, I've been struggling with some things for some time now. Praise God He's moving me beyond my fears and worries. Yes, God is showing me quite a bit about myself right now.

Spurgeon asked these questions of men who worry and have anxiety about the future:

...What is the value of that grace which you profess to have received? Where is the dignity of that new nature which you claim to possess...?

Indeed, I ask myself these questions: Where is my faith...?

If I trust in Jesus as my Lord and Savior, why am I worried about money? Why am I worried about 'this and that', or anything at all...?

If I have truly trusted my eternal soul to the Lord, but still have anxiety over the things of this world, there is a disconnect somewhere.

And that's how I've been feeling lately: Disconnected.

Praise God the bible is filled with story after story of ordinary people trusting God, and example after example of God miraculously meeting the needs of His people. Those stories are there for a reason. To show us the nature of God and to provide evidence that God has a plan for our lives.

We can't get where we need to go because we don't know the way. We MUST put God in the driver's seat.

I'm slowly starting to get it.

Friends, if you are struggling with something. The answer is in the bible. Do you want the answer to a question? Read the bible. Resolve to read the bible from cover to cover at least once every year. That's right.

What? You've never even read the bible completely through, even once? How long have You been a Christian? Don't feel too bad, my record on reading the bible is not outstanding, I assure you. I hope this post challenges and convicts you to get in the word daily.

Devotions are good, especially to give us confirmation about things, but we should never rely ONLY on books ABOUT the bible. I implore you to go directly to THE SOURCE.

Books ABOUT the bible are a record of what God has told someone else. I'll bet God may have something SPECIFIC to say to You.

I'm praying this morning that God will give each of you reading this post a hunger and thirst for God's written word and that it will transform your life today...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, I believe in You. But Father help me defeat the unbelief that creeps into my heart and mind from time to time. Lord I sense that many of my friends and family are struggling with exactly the same things. I cover them with prayer this morning, too.

Bless us Oh Lord. Give us eyes to see things as You see them. Give us hearts of compassion. Do not let our hearts grow cold toward each other. Rather, let us grow closer to each other and You in Love.

Father God I am so imperfect. Such a sinner. -So unworthy. But Lord You have saved me by Grace. I can't believe That You have saved me and are preparing a place for me right now and NOT believe You are in complete control of every single aspect of my life. Lord I do praise You for the peace that comes with understanding this concept.

I love You Lord. I praise YOU, Jesus. Lift me up, Lord. Bless my family and friends today, this very minute. And I pray these things in Your Precious, Holy Name, AMEN...!


No comments: