Friday, September 18, 2009

Praise Reports from Wednesday and Thursday...!

Monica and I have been facing some tremendously stressful situations the past few months. We, (I, mostly) have toggled between trusting God to meet our needs and worrying about what would happen if our needs were not met.

PRAISE HIM. The Lord has been doing a mighty work in me, (us) lately.

After weeks and months of fervent prayer and examining every inch of our lives to root out the source of our problems, I really felt God telling me that the main source of our problem was my unbelief. You see, up until God’s revelation to me, I was praying from a standpoint of ‘hopefulness’ rather than a standpoint of ‘confident expectancy’.

It took me over a week to wrap my head around that concept and get my mindset in the ‘right’ place. Honestly, pretty much the moment I absolutely knew and trusted God COMPLETELY that no matter how dire the situation looked, that the Lord would meet our needs, He did in fact meet our needs and answer our prayers in an amazing, abundant fashion that only can be explained as: God Did This…!

This morning as I compose this message and put all the pieces together I am humbled to the point of tears at How Great Is Our God and how so utterly unworthy I am.

Friends, worry and anxiety GREATLY HINDER the effectiveness of our prayer life.

‘Hopeful’ prayers don’t cut it.

Yesterday afternoon God showed up BIG in our lives and made His presence known at just the right moment, just as He was supposed to, and I don’t think my prayer life will ever be the same again…!

God is Good. God is Faithful. God Does Hear and Answer Prayer…! PRAISE HIM…!

---------------------------------------------------
The praise report above was for Wednesday. Then yesterday, Thursday... I had more prayer answered. Woohoo... I'm singing the praises of my Lord and Savior this morning.
I'm encouraged to stay in my 'prayer closet' all day today...!

1 comment:

frances said...

Sam,
Have you stopped to think that maybe it was just you recognizing that YOU have to be determined to make things happen, not the Lord.

YOU WROTE:
"I really felt God telling me that the main source of our problem was my unbelief. You see, up until God’s revelation to me, I was praying from a standpoint of ‘hopefulness’ rather than a standpoint of ‘confident expectancy’.

YOU GO ON:
"It took me over a week to wrap my head around that concept and GET MY MINDSET IN THE RIGHT PLACE. Honestly, pretty much the moment I absolutely knew and trusted God COMPLETELY that no matter how dire the situation looked, that the Lord would meet our needs, He did in fact meet our needs"

Maybe your needs were met when you realized you can't just "hope" for something, but you aggressively pursue it with your "right mind" in place boosted by your "confident expectancy."

In other words, you got what you wanted because you pursued it with confidence which made you a more attractive "prospect."

see ya round!