Thursday, September 03, 2009

Proverbs 27:17... Got Iron...?

Before we went to bed a few short hours ago my wife and I prayed together. It was our third time to come together within a 24 hour period and pray specifically for each other's burdens and needs. As I mercifully drifted off to sleep I was reminded of a verse that was part of our wedding vows:


Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 NIV

I am so grateful to have my precious Monica by my side. We are God's gifts to each other. I awakened this morning with similar sentiments on my heart and was thinking that a good topic of discussion today would be the importance of having a prayer partner.

Do you have a specific prayer partner, someone to encourage you or hold you accountable...? I mean one other living person that you can physically be in the same room with, lay hands on, and pray together with ...? Honestly, I believe that such an intimate friendship is rare.

Proverbs 27:17 NIV says: As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

So, do you have any 'iron' in your Life...? Who 'sharpens' you...? I encourage You, Dear Friends, to 'Get Some Iron'. Don't be an island. God didn't intend for us to be solitary and alone. He created us as 'social beings'. There is strength in numbers. Two are better than one.

No comments: