Monday, October 10, 2011

Got Obedience?


Oswald Chambers (1874-1917)
 Oswald Chambers is one of my favorite authors/preachers.  I have read his devotional:  My Utmost for His Highest for over twenty years.  I read that he was greatly influenced by Charles Spurgeon who is another one of my favorite author / preachers.

Today's devotional really convicted me.  And what is particularly noteworthy is that over the years I can recall this particular devotional (October 10) as one that sort of grabs me by both shoulders and gives me a good shake.

The main point of Chamber's devotional today is that God will never reveal more truth about Himself until you obey what you know already.

Friends, If you have been in a 'spiritual rut' lately, I challenge you to examine yourself closely.  Is there a shred of disobedience in your life...?  If so, I urge you to repentance...!

It is all a matter of the heart.  Pray for God to change your heart and He will...!

Heavenly Father,  Lord thank You for the timeless advice of your servant: Oswald Chambers.  Thank You that the work You did through Him over 100 years ago is still impacting society today.   Father God I pray it would impact MORE of society TODAY.

Lord, I stand convicted, AGAIN and AGAIN.  Every year when I read today's devotional I have a 'defining' moment.  Help me to be more obedient.  Help me to be more bold for YOU   Father I fall short every single day but You lift me up time and time again.  Thank You for the work You have already done in my heart, and PLEASE CONTINUE to transfom me.

PRAISE YOU, JESUS. 

And it's in Your Precious Name I pray: JESUS,  Amen.

No comments: