Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Thought Life: The road to sin starts in your mind.

I sat down this morning and prayed for what to pray about this morning...  Does that sound crazy...?  I do it all the time.   This morning God spoke an immediate answer:  Thought Life

I did a quick Internet search for 'scripture verses about thought life' and found this link from David Britton.

I also did a search for 'fiery darts' and found this excellent commentary from David Patterson.

My thought life is definitely something I struggle with.  I cover myself in prayer constantly and recite scripture verses like Philippians 4:8 and  Proverbs 4:23.

I also pray over Elijah, Connor and Monica's thought lives.

I believe that the thought life of a Christian Believer is the battlefield of an ongoing, fierce spiritual battle between the forces of Good and Evil.   We must constantly be on guard against the enemy and his firey darts.  The bible says Satan stalks about like a hungry lion seeking to kill, steal, and destroy...!  Don't give the enemy a foothold in your heart and mind by entertaining unwholesome thoughts.

The road to SIN starts in YOUR MIND...!

Heavenly Father,  I lift up my thought life to You today, Lord.   Guard my heart and keep my thoughts pure and holy.  I pray a layer of protection over the hearts of family: Elijah, Connor, and Monica too, Lord.

Bless us Lord.  Draw us close to You.  Give us a greater hunger and thirst for Your Righteousness.  Help us to give OUR BEST for YOUR GLORY...!  Allow us to be iron, salt, and light to each other and those around us.

We love YOU, Lord.  And pray these things in Jesus' name, AMEN.

No comments: