Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Psalm 5:11-12

11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.


Prior to these two verses, the Psalmist was speaking of wickedness, evil, foolish people, workers of iniquity, liars, and bloody deceitful men.  He says the Lord 'abhors' those kinds of behaviors and will destroy those kinds of men.

The word 'BUT' which begins verse 11 denotes a huge contrast between the outcomes of the 'workers of iniquity' and the 'righteous'.

QUESTION:  Who is righteous?   In the New Testament the Apostle Paul says no man is righteous!.  

Romans 3:10-11...

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Friends, at our core nature: we are all wicked sinners in need of a Savior.  Everyone of us are evil, foolish people, workers of iniquity, bloody, deceitful men.   We are ALL sinners in desperate need of a SAVIOR.

But when we know Jesus and come into a relationship with HIM we are saved.  Through a relationship with HIM we are transformed and made NEW.  We are a NEW creation in Christ.

This is called the GOOD NEWS.   So:  Let all that put their trust in thee rejoice...!


Heavenly Father:

God you are so good to your children.  Lord please  forgive me from my daily failures.  Help me to walk in You.  Guard and protect my family and friends in these evil days. Transform our hearts Lord,  Give us a hunger and thirst for you that exceeds all our other desires and interests.  Lord lead us and make our paths straight and sure.  

I pray a special hedge of protection around Elijah, Monica and Connor today. I bind the enemy and declare in the name of JESUS that Satan has no authority in my life or the lives of my family.

Lord I delight in You.  I praise your holy name: JESUS. And I pray these things in your precious holy name, Amen.


No comments: