Thursday, May 02, 2013

If I Stand

Photo of a sunrise at surside beach taken by my brother in Christ:  'Buster'


The title of my post today is inspired by the lyrics from an old Rich Mullins song, 'If I Stand'.  This is one of my favorite song from one of my favorite Christian musicians.  I awakened with this song on my heart this morning.   Rich Mullins tragically died in September 1997.  Here is a you tube clip of Rich performing t'If I Stand' in one of his final concerts before he died.  The clip is only 3.20 minutes.  Please take a few moments to listen and you will be blessed.


'If I stand, let me stand on the promise, that YOU will pull me through.  And if I can't let me fall on the grace that first brought me to YOU. "   ~ Amen and Amen, Rich.

Lord, I am lifting up America.  I stand in the gap for her.   I stand in the gap for my family and friends.  We are weary, Lord.  But we stand.  Lord help us to continue to stand.  Help us to be a city shining on a hill.  

Father God, my house will serve You.  We will stand for the TRUTH.  Help me to be a humble servant leader.  Lord I do stand on Your promise that You will pull me through.   Praying blessings on my precious family today. Lifting up Monica, Connor, and Elijah to you, Lord.  Thank You for the blessing of them in my life.  Father I lift up my church family and my pastor friends.  Guard them and protect them Lord.  

Father I pray for repentance and revival for this land.  Lord let it start with me, let it filter to my family, friends, town, state, country, and this old world..  I love you Lord.  I praise You and thank You for Your Son, Jesus.   And I pray all these things in this precious, holy name: JESUS.

Amen.





No comments: