Thursday, December 26, 2013

John Charles Ryle ~ Old Paths

Christmas present from Monica: JC Ryle books

I was delighted to receive for Christmas several books by JC Ryle, one of my favorite Christian authors.

Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.  ~Jeremiah 6:16

But I say:  I WILL walk in the old paths.  My family and I WILL serve the Lord God Almighty. 

We will not go the way of the world...!


For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.  ~ 2 Peter 1:21


Father God, help me to lead my family in the old paths set down by holy men inspired by the Holy Ghost.  Your words are PURE WORDS, Lord.   They are a lamp unto my feet.  Bless me to know Thy Word..  Lord give me a hunger and thirst for it and enable me to lead my family with courage and conviction.  Help me to stand for You when the world rages against against everything good and true and right.

Father I lift up my family and friends to You.   Lord I especially lift up  Jerry Delay who is feeling poorly right now.  Lord restore his health.    Father I lift up Elijah and Connor to You.  Help me to lead them down the old paths.

Lord thank you for a wonderful Christmas.  Thank You for your son Jesus.   I pray these things in Jesus' name.

Amen


No comments: