Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Phillipians 2:3, 14-16

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.  Phil 2:3 KJV


I woke up with this verse on my heart today.   Be humble. Put others first.   I need to live this command.  I need to model it for my family. 

Then  I read on through more of Philippians 2 and came to verses 14-16:

Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;  Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

When I read the phrase 'in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation...'  I thought:  God is referring to America, and many other nations.    ~ And what are we to do...?  We are to shine as lights in the world, holding forth the word of life!

We are to read the word of God, allow it to penetrate us and let it transform us into the likeness of Jesus.

Be Humble. Be in the Word.  Be in Prayer. Let Christ Jesus have his way with you.

I will continue a study of Philippians tomorrow.

Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your precious, holy Word..   Your words are life.  Father thank you for the struggles that draw me close to You.   Father thank you for my precious wife and family.  Lord lift me up, hold me up.  Set my feet upon your solid ground.  Transform me Lord in Your image.  

Father please continue to give me a hunger and thirst for Your Word.   Order my steps, Lord. Everything I do is for Your glory.    Lord bless my efforts to be a good steward of your providence.  Thank You Lord for providing.  

Father God I pray that You would show me Your perfect will for my career.   Go be fore me, Lord.  Prepare Thy way, my King.    I love You and pray all these things in the beautiful name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior,

AMEN,

No comments: