Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Ephesians 6:10

Ephesians 6:10 (KJV), “Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.”

I awakened early this morning and prepared breakfast for Connor and myself.  As I opened my refridgerator I noticed I had everything I needed to prepare a  nice breakfast:  eggs, sausage, cheese, potatoes, milk, bread, coffee, juice, and plenty of other non breakfast food items if I needed them.

I have a warm clean house with electricity and indoor plumbing.  I have a beautiful wife and family that loves me dearly.  I have a car in the driveway.  I have sweet cuddly kitties.  I have good friends.  I have my health, and Amen: Praise God for that...!

But the most precious thing to me is my eternal security in Christ Jesus.  That is the GREATEST blessing of my life.   A long time ago a family that loved the Lord took time to be the hands and feet of Christ to me.  They showed me the kind of family I longed for.  They showed me a family that loved and served the Lord Jesus Christ and each other.

Then later in my life when I was going through a difficult time struggling with sin, The Lord sent a man into my life who dedicated an entire year to mentoring and disciplining me in the WORD of God.

God has always been faithful to send people into my life to guide me back on track.  Of course I have Holy Scripture to lead and guide me, too.  I am just now learning to tap into that great resource continually.  The point is: my successes stem from absolutely nothing I have done or accomplished on my own.  Everything I have and EVERY good thing in my life comes from my heavenly Father.  God gets all the glory.

I could sing of His love forever.  God has been so good to me.  I can sing of restored relationships, I can sing of restored health, I can sing of lives transformed by the love of Jesus.

I have to share that some areas of my life don't seem to be going the way I would prefer.  But I trust God has His perfect plan for my life and I am going to keep praising him at all times, especially within the midst of struggles.   It's the struggles that draw us to a closer walk with Him. 

Things may not always turn out the way I want them to, but I trust that a Sovereign God knows my needs and will be faithful to provide.  He has a perfect plan for me.  My job is to be obedient and faithful and let God be God.

Charles Stanley states, “Faithful obedience in every situation is crucial because God may be testing and preparing us for bigger opportunities.  We only have two choices (1) obey the Lord and find out what He’s willing to do with the rest of your lives, or (2) disobey Him and spend a lifetime wondering what He could have done if we’d only obeyed.  Little decisions may often seem insignificant, but to God they are a big deal.  If we’re not willing to obey Him in small matters, why would He trust us with greater assignments?”

Ecclesiastes 12:13  plainly states to fear God and obey his commandments...

We can be obedient through God's power.  He called us to be strong in His power and might. (Ephesians 6:10)

God is Good.  He is my Provider. I struggle to be obedient.  Praise God for his Grace and Mercy.

My simple prayer for today:

Thank you God for my blessings.  Every good and perfect gift comes from you.  Lord help me to glorify you in every way.  Help me to be obedient.  Lord help me to stand strong in You and be a faithful witness to my family, friends, and those within my sphere of influence.  Protect and preserve my testimony, Lord.  I love you and pray these things in your beautiful name: Jesus.

Amen
.

No comments: