Saturday, December 21, 2013

What are you watching for?


Shepherds Watched By Night...

In Luke’s account of the Christmas story, shepherds were on guard keeping their flock of sleeping sheep safe when they saw a great gift from God…a visit by angels in the starry heavens.

What are you watching today? Are you numbly in step with much of the world, filling your time with mindless entertainment, or are you longingly looking for God’s great gifts, anticipating their appearance on the horizon? Don’t miss what the Lord is doing in your life and in America. Like the faithful shepherds, keep your watch by day and by night.

When I can't sleep at night I consider that an opportunity to pray and get in the WORD.  I cherish the 'quiet time'.  I sure wish the frantic pace of this world would slow down.   The shepherds were watching and waiting and they witnessed the coming of our Lord into this world as a little baby.

Now today, WE are watching and waiting for the Lord to come into this world again.  But this time HE will be riding with the clouds, shining like the sun...!   Rev 1:7, 14

Oh Come Lord Jesus...!


Dear Heavenly Father,  

 Oh Lord let me be found seeking after and watching out for You and your glorious return.  Father I pray a blessing on my precious family today.  Lord I lift up my tennis students and their families to You, also.  Help me to be a witness to them, Father God.

I love You Lord,  Every good and perfect gift come from YOU.  You are my Provider, and my Deliverer.  Thank You for the precious gift of Your Son, Jesus.  And Lord I pray that You come again soon and make fix this broken world.

I pray these things in Jesus' Name,

Amen

No comments: