Friday, December 20, 2013

Philippians 4:8 Change Your Thinking and Change Your Life



We must guard our thoughts.  The bible tells us what we should be going on inside our head.  It's all listed in Philippians 4:8.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

What we continually put into our heads will dwell there.  And what dwells in our heads will eventually dwell in our hearts.

The bible tells us we can discern a man or woman's heart by the way they speak.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speakethLuke 6:45

It all starts with what we put into our mind and what our thoughts are.   The mind is our greatest spiritual battlefield.  In fact, the mind has been mankind's battlefield since the beginning of time, otherwise the Apostle Paul would not have penned this topic in his letter to the Philippians.

Friends,  We can ALL improve in the area of our thought life.  I am definitely not speaking from a position that I have already 'arrived' and taken every thought into captivity, myself.  Oh no.  In fact, I ask for prayer from you on my behalf in that regard.  But it starts with confessing in prayer that your thought life needs work.  Humbly ask God to help clean up your thoughts.  Ask Him for a hunger and thirst for His Word.  He will be quick to answer that prayer, I assure you. 

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for meeting our needs through Your Precious Holy Word.  Your Words are Life, Lord.  Father God, my thoughts are not what they should be.  They often stray.  Guard my thoughts and my heart, Lord.  Help me to only fill my head with thoughts that honor You and bring you Glory.  

Lord please continue to give me a hunger and thirst for Your Word that is transforming my life.  

Thank You for making me a new creation.  Thank You for the blessing of my precious family.  I lift up Monica, Connor, and Elijah to You right now.   Guard them and keep them safe from the world and the snares of the enemy.  I pray for a hedge of protection around their thoughts and hearts today.

Father I also lift up my tennis students and EVERYONE who is within the sphere of my influence.  Lord I pray that You will bless and protect them, also.  Lord send people into their lives to water the seeds that have been planted.  Lord I pray that You would transform their lives as You have transformed and continue to transform mine.  

Lord thank You for the struggles that keep our attention directed towards You.  Praise You that You have overcome the world.  Praise You God that You are BIGGER than anything the enemy tries to discourage us with.  I will keep my eyes on You, not my problems.  Thank You for loving us and sending Your Son to be born, live, and die for our sins.

I love you Lord, and I thank You and Praise You:  

And ALL this In Jesus' Beautiful, Holy Name I pray...   AMEN

No comments: