Thursday, December 19, 2013

When Discouragement Strikes: Galatians 6:9


ATP Pro Andy Murray
Discouragement is one of the Enemy's favorite weapons.  When we get discouraged, life can fall apart in a hurry.  Then, if unchecked, discouragement can lead to a more serious condition:  Depression.

I have faced discouragement on numerous occasions, especially in sports.  I suppose the higher one sets their goals then the greater the possibility to be discouraged. In life if you are brave enough to show love, there is always a chance to become hurt and broken.

Its interesting how discouragement affects people differently.   The bible has much to say about handling setbacks and discouragement.  One of my favorite verses is Galatians 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

We've just got to hang in there.  The right thing is the right thing.  Keep on doing good.  Do not 'faint'.    But don't try to accomplish everything under your own power, either.  Do not trust in your self, or others, or money and riches...

Trust in the Lord with all your Heart.

Don't forget Psalm 20:7-8   ...Some trust in chariots and some trust in horses, but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen and stand upright.

God uses discouragement to steer and guide us...  Closer to HIM.

If you would like to pray with someone or would like someone to pray for you, I am here.  I don't even have to know any details.  God knows.  Thank you.  I consider it an honor and privilege when someone asks for prayer.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for the struggles that draw us closer to you.  Lord I will praise you in both my hour of triumph and in the hour when I am my weakest.  You are a good God.  I thank you for my precious family.  I thank you for the opportunity to share your love to a dark and desolate world.  Bless my family Lord.  Guard them and keep them safe.  Shield them from the snares of the enemy.

Lord you know my struggles.  I pray for grace, and that you would order my steps, Lord.  Father I pray that you would keep my heart tender.  Give me patience, Lord.   Let me not grow weary.  Help me to faint not.

I love you Lord, and I thank you and praise you for all my blessings.

In Jesus' name I pray,

Amen.

No comments: