Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Psalm 34:19 God Delivers. Let's Carry On.

 

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.  Psalm 34:19

Jesus said: ...in this world you will have trouble.  It was a promise in John 16:33.

He also said the world would hate his disciples because it hated him. John 15:19.

Are you afflicted..?  What is affliction?  Its all one's perspective.

First of all: Whenever I feel like I am carrying a 'burden', and having myself a little 'pity party' God always gives me a glimpse into some other person's life and they are facing much more dire circumstances than I am.     

Some people never see what's going on in other peoples lives because they are so focused on themselves.

But the Righteous are called to bear one another's burdens.  Galatians 6:2.    

The Righteous are called to pray for one another.  James 5:16.

The Righteous are even called to pray for those who afflict us:  Luke 6:28.  This is most difficult to do.

Am I REALLY afflicted?   I don't have cancer.  I have not recently lost a loved one.  I am employed.  I have enough food to eat.  I have a roof over my head and a car to drive. No one is trying to kill me.  No one is arresting me for talking about God. (yet)  I have a wife and family that loves me.  

I have a good life and I know it.  Counting one's blessings always does a soul good.

Oh but I am afflicted.  The enemy is prowling around outside right now seeking to devour my family and I.  I am facing discouragement over the behavior and lifestyles of people I love who don't believe in God or who worship a false god. 

It's all perspective, but yes:  I am afflicted.  And my afflictions are MANY.  So the bible is true about that.  But if it is true that I have many afflictions, then the part about God delivering me must also be true.

My Deliver is Coming. And that gives me hope to carry on.  PRAISE GOD.

No comments: