Sunday, January 05, 2014

Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord and he heard me...

Tell the whole word what Your Savior has done for you.
Psalm 34 has quickly  become one of my favorite chapters of the Psalms.  Right now I am taking my time going through this book in a line by line study.  There are two parts to Psalm 34:4...  The first part is:  "I sought the LORD and he heard me..."  The second part is:  "...and He delivered me from all my fears."   As I was studying verse 4 this morning I have been thinking about all the times in my life where the Lord has heard and answered my prayers.

I can recall a tremendous number of times God has answered my prayers.  Many of them are recorded right here in this prayer journal.   Over the years I have considered to write a book for Elijah and Connor that would catalog the many answered prayers in the history of this family. 

Friends, We live in a world today where many people say:  "THERE IS NO GOD".   What is our answer to that?   Our lifestyle, conversations, and our every breath should shout: JESUS LIVES in me.   Don't be an undercover christian.  The world is watching.

God hearing and answering our prayer is a Christian believer's greatest testimony.   We MUST share the GOOD NEWS of the Saving Grace of our Lord Jesus to this world that is desperately in need of Him.

This is what the author of Psalm 34 was doing many years ago.   His attitude was not the attitude of a popular religion today that says:  Your personal relationship with the Lord is 'personal' and you need to keep it to yourself.   This is an UTTERLY ABSURD doctrine and completely against the Great Commission.  We should be out knocking on doors and telling everyone within our sphere of influence what the Lord has done and IS CURRENTLY DOING in our lives...!

Here are just a few scripture verses that encourage and even COMMAND us to share the message of God's Love.
 
 ...And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15    The word 'Gospel' literally means 'good news'...     Believers in Christ:  What is your testimony?  Are we sharing the message of the Love of our Lord?  If you believe the bible and what it teaches please note that Mark 16:15 is posed as a 'command',  not a request.

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!    Romans 10:15:   My Brothers and Sisters in Christ:  Do you have a testimony to share to those within your sphere of influence?    Aren't there ANY good tidings you can bring? Make your feet beautiful and share what the Lord has done for you.

Here is a great passage from 2 Corinthians
Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; but have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.  For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.  2 Cor 4:2-6
 Friends, if you have sought the Lord and he heard you:  Then you must Tell the World about it...!

This study is to be continued. Next time I will be discuss the second part of this verse:  How the Lord delivers us from fear. 

Heavenly Father,  Thank You for for hearing my cries.  LORD help me to be more bold in telling others about YOU.  Help me to lead my family and to be salt and light to a world that is watching.  I love you, Jesus.  And pray these things in your precious holy name, AMEN...!

1 comment:

Coach Sam said...

Growing up as a young person I was taught to keep my relationship with the Lord a private thing. This is not what the bible tells us to do.

We must Love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength. Then we are to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. If our neighbor does not know the Lord then God wants to use us as his instruments to share the message of salvation, which by the way is calling on the Lord to be saved. It's not by our 'works', its by God's Grace ALONE. Read Your bible in 2014 and pray for God's wisdom to show you the TRUTH. Let the Word of God be TRUE and every man a liar.