Monday, January 13, 2014

Psalm 34:7... Spiritual Warefare

The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.  -Psalm 34:7

I am glad to know that the angels engage in camping.  That's one of my favorite activities besides tennis.  It's very comforting to know that God's angels watch out over and protect those that fear the Lord.  

Hebrews  1:14 also speaks this of angels:  Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? 

Consider:  If God is assigning angels to deliver us, what are they delivering us from?  Well, doesn't it make sense that in the spiritual world Satan assigns demon angels to hinder us, tempt us, and destroy our testimony?  The enemy does not want us to inherit our eternal reward.  But God sends his heavenly angels to minister to and deliver us.   While we go about our daily activities there is fierce invisible spiritual warfare going on about us.  We read about one such battle in Second Kings.

Elisha saw the chariots of fire all around him in 2 Kings 6:15-17. "And Elijah prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he might see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha. (II Kings 6:17).

There are numerous other references to angels in the bible.  There is a story in Daniel 10 where Daniel began a prayer request and 21 days later an angel appeared explaining: that God dispatched him immediately when Daniel prayed, but he was delayed due to battling the 'prince of Persia'. 

This story implies that there is an invisible spiritual warfare going on around us when we pray. 

Heavenly Father,  Thank You for sending ministering angels to guard and protect us.  Lord Like Daniel, I pray for understanding.  Like David I pray for protection.  Let not the enemy prevail.  Father God help me to stand until the day you return.  Lord I stand in the gap for my precious family and my friends.  Preserve me Lord, Deliver me.  I love You. And pray these things in Jesus' name, AMEN.

No comments: