Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Psalm 34:8 TRUST HIM

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.  Psalm 34:8

This verse has two parts.  The first part is an invitation:  Taste God.  Give Him a try.  Experience Him.    

Have you ever tried a new recipe before?  Do you remember the last time when you tried a new restaurant and your meal was so delicious, and you had never tasted anything like it?   

The author of Psalms is inviting us into a relationship with Christ.  He has already tried it and recommends it as 'good'.    He goes on to say that the man that 'trusteth' in the Lord is blessed.

 Trust or faith can be difficult early on. But it gets easier and easier through a time honored relationship.  We honor our relationship with Christ through regular prayer time and reading the bible.  Do these things and YOU WILL BE BLESSED...!    

Is your faith small...?  Pray to God to increase your faith.  He LOVES to answer prayers like that.

"Yes, Lord I believe.  But help thou my unbelief."  Mark 9:24 goes back to the issue of faith as an important basis for the miracles which our Lord performed. 

Father God,  You have come through for me so many times in the past.  Why is my faith still so small at times.?   Lord I pray that You would answer prayer and work in undeniable ways.  Father help my career direction.  I trust you Lord, But Heavenly Father please help lessen my moments of disbelief.  Lord I trust in You.  I love You Lord.  You have blessed me so abundantly.  

Your praises I sing. You hear my cries.  Lord You deliver my soul.  Blessed be your name, Jesus. 

Father I lift up my family and friends to you today.  I especially lift up my precious wife Monica.  Guard her heart, Lord.   and Father God I lift up Connor and Elijah to you.  Give us all a hunger and thirst for You.  Father send people into their lives who will encourage their relationship with you.  Orchestrate circumstances that will draw them close to You, my King,   

And Lord help me to be just the earthly father they need.  Bless me to be able to care for and provide for my family both spiritually and materially.    

I love You Lord. And I pray all these things in Jesus name, AMEN.  

 

No comments: