Thursday, January 02, 2014

Study of Psalm 34





I started a study of Psalm 34 on December 31 and made reference to it in Coach Sam's Life.  It impressed me so much I decided to memorize all 22 verses.  Today I am just going to focus on the first verse:


I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.    Psalm 34:1

Friends, this verse is a 'life-style'.    As I was meditating on this verse I thought of another scripture about 'speaking':

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being euil, speake good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.  ~Matthew 12:34

Matthew 12:34 leads us to believe that our words are a window into our hearts.   So if we are continually speaking words of praise and blessing towards our Lord and Savior then the state of our heart is probably going to Holy Spirit filled.    What would it say about our hearts if we were always speaking negatively, and complaining about our circumstances?    Life is all about perspective.  The quality of our lives depend upon our world view and the state of our hearts.  If you don't have anything good to say: then let thy words be few.

I think Proverbs 4:23 sums up the importance of the state of our heart:   Keepe thy heart with all diligence: for out of it are the issues of life. ~Proverbs 4:23 

The WORD of God can soften a man or woman's heart.   I am a living breathing example of that...!

So how can we get to a state where we bless the Lord continually at all times?  First we have to get God's Word in us.  We have got to read the bible.  Secondly, we should pray about it and ask God to help us.  HE will be delighted to answer a simple request like that.  Third, ask a friend to pray for you and to be your accountability partner.  The bible also says we should pray continually and bear one another's burdens.

Friends, I ask that you would pray for my countenance.  Pray that I would always be a blessing to my family and to those around me. The enemy is constantly prowling about seeking whose testimony he can destroy and devour.  These are difficult times for us all. It is so easy to focus on what is 'wrong' with everything around us.  But let's choose praises and blessings to be our lifestyle.

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.  Psalm 103:1

Heavenly Father,   Thank You Lord for your precious holy word.  Thy Word is truly a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Lord help me to hide it in my heart so that I might not sin against Thee.    I worship You, Jesus.  I bless your holy Name: Jesus.  

Father I lift up my precious family to You.  Bless Monica, Elijah and Connor.  Father I pray also a special blessing on pastor Mike Hoggard and my many other pastor friends.  Guard them and their families, Lord.

Finally. I ask for a blessing on my correspondence with clients and potential employers today.  Lord I pray for opportunities to share Your Love.   May You be glorified in all that I say, do and even think today.  

I Love YOU. my King. and pray all these things in your precious holy name:  Jesus.

IAMEN

  

 

 


No comments: