Saturday, December 28, 2013

Raising Children: Proverbs 22:6

Oct 2012
I love this photo of Elijah and I.  It was taken at a pro / am  tennis tournament I was competing in at the Briar Club in Houston.    I consider the raising of my children and the shepherding of my family as one of my greatest responsibilities.     I pray over them every day and read scripture to direct my paths so that I will provide an example for them to follow.

The bible instructs us to train our children in the way they should go.  Prov 22:6.  Because this can be a difficult task at times the bible also encourages us to not grow weary in doing good. Gal 6:9.

But ultimately, children are a true blessing from God:  Psalm 127:3-5

One thing for SURE:   I count myself: TWICE BLESSED...!

Heavenly, Father,

Thank you for allowing me to be a parent.  Lord I do not take that duty lightly...!   Father God help me to be the parent that Elijah and Connor need.  Help me to be a Godly example.  Help me to train them up, to know, love and serve YOU, Lord.  

And Father you have placed many young people in my path who could use a little extra encouragement,  Lord help me to influence these young men and women for your kingdom, too.    Thank you for these many opportunities.

Father God thank you for YOUR son, Jesus.   I pray these things in Jesus' Name,

Amen.

No comments: