Friday, February 28, 2014

Faith Begins Where Man's Power Ends


A great book for family reading

I think I have definitely stumbled onto some keen insight into the kind of faith that moves mountains by taking a closer look at the life of George Mueller.  I will chronicle some of his life stories in future posts.  His life was simply an amazing testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, his Lord and Savior.  I posted a photo of the book Elijah and I are reading together, but I am researching numerous sources besides this publication.



Here's one of George's many quotes regarding faith:

'Faith does not operate in the realm of the possible. There is no glory for God in that which is humanly possible. Faith begins where man's power ends.' 

George accomplished an amazing amount of work for Christ and never asked for any support from any man.  He took everything to God in prayer.  He truly lived by faith.  This man moved 'figurative mountains' by faith on a daily basis.

Self Examination:  What is God doing in my life right now?  How is he working?   Am I hindering him through my lack of faith?

 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.  Matthew 21:21 KJV

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.  Matthew 21:22  KJV


Ask in prayer, and believe.   But please don't think I am going off on some prosperity gospel tangent.  

Prayers will be answered unto the glory of God.  

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  John 14:13.

Prayers will be answered if they are in accordance to God's will unto His Glory.  QUESTION:  So how do we know what God's will is for our lives...?   ANSWER:  Pray and read the bible...!

Coach Sam's Testimony:   I asked in prayer for God to give me a hunger and a thirst for His Word and HE DID...!  He loves to answer prayers like that...!  Now, every day is an adventure of what God is going to reveal to me through scripture...!

Lord Jesus, Thank You for Your Word.  Thank You for amazing inspiring faith stories of Godly men and women who have gone before me.  Lord help my faith.  Help my life to line up with Your Holy Word.  Father enable me to be exactly the man my wife and son's need.  Help me to train them up and lead them on a path that goes straight to You.  Help us all on the way of that journey along the narrow path..

Lord You know my challenges and my desires.  I give everything to You, Father.   I already count myself blessed beyond measure.   Lord help me to get out of the way so You can work through me.  I am my own biggest problem.  But I love You Lord.  I humbly seek Thee this morning.  Go before me, order my steps.  season my words.  Bless my communication with others.

God I pray a blessing on my wife's art camp today.  I pray a blessing over my tennis classes this afternoon.  Lord I ask you to bless me so that I can be a blessing to others.  Help me to recognize needs right before me that I might be overlooking because I am so self absorbed.   Lord, let my life be more about You and much less about me.

I love You.  And I pray all these things in the precious holy name of Jesus.

Amen.





No comments: