Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Imagine a Mustard Seed...



Thou wilt keep him in perfect[1] peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.  - (Isaiah 26:3)


I have been thinking about the kind of faith that moves mountains.  Why don't we see mountains moved today?  Jesus said that we would do greater works than he. I read a devotional today that discussed our imagination.  Its suggested that our big challenge was to keep our imagination focused on Christ.

Yes, we MUST keep our imaginations focused on Christ.  That has got to be a key ingredient to having faith that can move a mountain.  I don't know about you, but my imagination runs all over the place.  Honestly, I don't want to share where my imagination takes me at times.  This is why the apostle Paul instructed us to think on things that were true, and noble, and right, pure, honorable, excellent, etc...

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.  John 14:12

It's about belief.  Its about trust.  It's about having faith as small as a mustard seed.  Oh yes, our greatest challenge, our greatest battlefield is fought is the battle of what thoughts occupy our mind.

How can we get a grip on what is in our heads?   Well, what gets in our heads is what is taken in by our eyes and ears.   Remember:  Faith comes by hearing the word of God.  Romans 10:17

Don't forget that our eyes are also an amazing organ that allow us to read the word of God.  What we take in visually is permanently recorded in our brains.  Consider that if we spent more time reading the Word of God out loud we would take God into our hearts and minds two fold:  through our ears and eyes.

Instead we occupy the majority our time with mindless entertainment and pursue activities that have no eternal value.  

Forbid it, Almighty God...!

Friends, Join me in repenting.  Let's not allow our lives to look like the life of non believers.  Let's focus on Jesus.  Let's allow our hearts and minds be filled with the Holy Spirit.  Let's have more of God and less of the World.   Get in the Word,  Be in Prayer. Take a stand for our souls and the souls of our family and friends.  Let's develop faith that will move a mountain.  Pray for me.  I'll pray for you!

Your Brother in Christ,

Coach Sam


 

.

 

 

No comments: