Monday, September 27, 2004

Prayer for Relationships

September is almost gone. I can't believe how fast it flew by. I think time really does fly when a person stays too busy. Yet I can hardly afford to slow down for awhile. I have lots of important stuff to do. Yeah, Right. We all do.

But I was just pondering this morning what would God consider the important stuff in our life? In a word I would say: Relationships. This Truth has been made clear to me in a message series I've been following. The Pastor at our church is conducting a series on Marriage. This weekend at church He spoke about communicating with our spouses. While I think Monica and I are 'above average' in the communication department we know we still can improve some... But we're definitely on the right track. There's a love and a respect there for God and each other that is the bedrock of our relationship. We're solid. Yet I sense Satan is always lurking near by waiting for us to slip up. He's got so many tricks. He'll try to get us too busy or distracted. In a moment of weakness He'll tempt us to do something we know we shouldn't do. Sometimes he'll cause us to procrastinate and fall short of a deadline. He'll mess with our self-esteem.... (He does that a lot...!)

Remember that The Evil One is against building relationships. So think about the important relationships in your life. Can you see any pattern of wear...? Is there any stress or conflict with your friends or loved ones? Give it to God and ask his help to resolve conflict and enable restoration in the particular areas of your life that need it. God has called us to love one another and build strong, lasting relationships.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you Lord for showing us the importance of relationships. And thank You Father for appointing divine relationships into our lives. You are such a kind and loving Father. Jesus, I call out in Your Name for help in the area of 'busyness'. Help me to be the most efficient I can be. Help me to know when to rest and to get enough rest. I want to accomplish great things for the Kingdom and I feel many times that I am hampered by not managing my schedule properly.

You Lord are the master planner. You mapped out the world and You make all things work for good to those who are called according to your purpose. That is mind-bogggling! To think of the vastness of the earth and the denseness of the population and to know that you are in complete control of everything.... Lord, if anyone can help me with managing my schedule it's You. I Love You, Lord. And I place my trust and faith in You.

Father God, I need You. My wife needs You. The whole world needs You. We give it all to You Lord. Our lives, Or talents, Our Riches, and certainly Our Relationships. Bless them Lord and make them Holy. Let our lips always speak words of Love and Edification.

Lord I pray not just for Monica and I but for the entire body of Believers out there this morning. Lift up The Prayer Warriors. May we all impact lives for the Kingdom today.

Sweet Jesus in Your Name I Pray, Amen.

No comments: